Thursday, February 4, 2010

When did she become a person?

I sit here an wonder how Audrey went from being a tiny little baby to a actual person.  She tells me what she wants and often does it in complete sentences.  She uses more facial expressions than I realized most people had, and I love it.  I saw a little baby at work today who was not even 5 pounds the same as Audrey was when she came home from the hospital.  It made me feel nostaligic for Audrey's early days, but then when she was running around GYM C at Maple Grove High School chasing the big kids after watching my Floor hockey team reminded me that I am so glad how much she is growing. 
These are the things I can say I love about Audrey right now:
Runs to daddy whenever she hear the back door open.
Opens the fridge to show me where the ketchup is.
Calls the milk, milt.
Says, "Wuv woo, mummy."
Gives me the look, which is eyes wide open, cocks hear head to the side slightly looking up, when scolded. 
When playing with the alphabet puzzle brings me the letter 'J' for Janell.
Can tell me she lives in OSSEO.
Eats a comparble portion to me of pizza, spaghetti, or rice when we have it for dinner.
Likes to sing the Bumble Bee Song saying, "Ouch, he stung me!" and says "Do it again!!" as soon as it is finished.
Reads the Ladybug book over and over and over again!
This lis could go on and on.

But today I just wanted to gloat, it is a busy time of year, it it nice to remembr the little things that make me smile.  Matt and I are happy parents, but are excited for the morning tantrums to end, too.  We wonder if she hates getting up in the morning now, what will she be like when she is a teenager???

1 comment:

JKT said...

Haha -- Audrey will be a crabby morning person the rest of her life. That's how I am... :)

A Pea in a Pod

A Pea in a Pod

Tummy Time

Tummy Time