Monday, February 22, 2010

Tantrums and Kisses

It is official.  Audrey has entered the Terrible Twos.  One moment she is playing with her kitchen set, which has been graciously lent to her by her Uncle Rick and Cousin Lauren.  The next she is screaming and crying while lying on the floor kicking her feet all because her plastic egg will not fit in the plastic saute pan with the lid on.  No matter how hard I try a mommy can't make a sqaure peg fit in a round hole, so there she lay crying it out. Throughout the day she has several moments like this it may be because I won't give her more goldfish crackers, we have run out of raisins, or I give her a glass of water instead of milk (she loves milk, can't get enough, but the doc says she shouldn't have much more than a glass with each meal). 
On the flip side of this she has also started this thing where she will sit on our laps facing us and want to give us kisses, kisses, and more kisses.  She will say, "Audee kiss you neck, Audee kiss your cheek, Audee kiss your hair, Audee kiss your mouth!"  Between each statement there is a loud, "MOOOOWA!"  I love that girl, she has done this a couple times a day to both Matt and me the past few days.  By the time her episode is over we are both laughing hysterically.  It is the moments like these that make the tantrums bearable! 
Anyway, it is a Monday today; I am home from work with a stomach bug just got Audrey out the door on the way to Sheryl's (daycare) with Matt.  Which, by the way, after telling Sheryl of Audrey's tantrum tales, she reports she has never done that with her during the day, go figure just with mom and dad.

No comments:

A Pea in a Pod

A Pea in a Pod

Tummy Time

Tummy Time